Post: DUTY MANAGER
Reports to: Centre Manager
Start date: Late March 2019
Hours of Work: 7pm – 10pm. 3 or 4 nights per fortnight on rotation with other staff members. Includes weekend work, additional hours as required, flexibility important.
Location: The Island, Nelson street, Bristol, BS1 2LE
Type of Contract: Zero hours
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
To set up and maintain all facilities for bookings and offer excellent customer service to all space users.
- Maintaining the general cleanliness of the site.
- Provide support to people using the building in the evening, report to the Centre Manager with any issues.
- Ensuring rooms are prepared and presentable for use.
- Removing all rubbish and recycling to the designated bins.
- Noting repair and maintenance requirements.
- Ordering cleaning supplies.
- Closing main doors, securing site, and locking up spaces at the end of final classes.
- Out of hours keyholder and second point of contact in emergencies.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Health & Safety basic knowledge
- Basic understanding of building maintenance requirements
- Confidence in communicating with external contractors
- The ability to work within a team
- Relate well to others and maintain professional relationships
- Key Holding experience
- Cleaning Experience
- Ordering of materials and stock control
- The ability to formulate and follow a planned maintenance programme
- Use of Google calendar essential, ability to organise own workload
- First Aid qualification
- Fire Warden experience
All staff are required to work within The Island’s equal opportunity policy.
This job description is not comprehensive, and duties may change and develop according to future requirements.
To Apply: please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organisation:
Artspace Lifespace is a Registered Charity (No: 1168150) that recycles vacant, under-used and problem properties into thriving creative resources. We work in partnership with artists, building owners, property developers, local communities and organisations to secure and re-cycle interesting, unusual and often difficult buildings as vibrant multi-use art venues. We also act as an advisory body for artists and groups interested in taking on empty properties and turning them into creative hubs.
ASLS is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community. The successful job candidate will be chosen by merit, not because they have a protected characteristic however we particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within our organisation.